Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Hi peoples!

Welcom to my Blog.

My Blog will normally be fairly clean stuff not contraversial or not provokative. However I will spill me guts about issues that arise.

One such current issue is the NSWCA Grade Matches. The finals of the Open division have been contraversial with complaints coming from no less than two of the four finals teams.

Firstly Canterbury complained about having three away games in the final. This was somewhat rectified by the swapping of the colours when Canterbury played Sydney Academy of Chess. However I agree with Mr Sike that a player will probably play better in familiar surroundings.

Secondly the Sydney Academy of Chess complained that the draw that was on the grade match booklets should be the draw used for the final, not the one that has been published on the web. The Original had the draw as:
Round 8: 1v4 2v3
Round 9: 1v2 4v3
Round 10: 2v4 3v1

Whereas the Internet published draw is effectively
Round 8: as above.
Round 9: 1v3 2v4
Round 10: 2v1 4v3

Ooh I just read some more interesting facts... Zhao can play for STG (No.1) in round 10 but not in round 9 and I0. Bjelobrk can play for Asquith (No.4)round 9 but not 10. This gets more complex by the minute.....

If the draw is changed back there will be complaints from st. George.... And also it would be too much of a short notice...... If it isn't changed Sydney academy of chess withdraws...... What a predicament the NSWCA has put itself into!

Perhaps the answer might be to play the final series when everyone is available for all games? Would this be fairer for all clubs concerned? Would the clubs be willing to scrap the games already played for a fairer system to be put in place? Interesting stuff.....

Also I must appologise to International master Javier Gil. I may have gone a little hard on him when he first commented on chess chat about the draw... then again i might not have.... I dunno.... I was in an argumentative mood.....

1 comment:

DeNovoMeme said...

Trent, since you are a regular at ChessChat BB, you can see the how negatively the BB regards NSWCA handling of this round robin. Pleas convey this negativity to the council.