Sunday, July 31, 2005

A.N.U. and I

Hello Peoples!

I appologise i haven't been updating this regularly. Annnnyhow.....

Last Weekend i played chess down Canberra in the ANU Open....

What a shocker i had!!! I ended up with only 2/7!!!
I had an excellent game against a visiting Mongolian woman(whose name currently excapes me and i couldn't pronounce her name anyway....)
But i lost it when i probably had a good chance of winning......

I then proceeded to lose to 3 ACT juniors..... I defeated one ACT junior and one NSW junior..... The other game i lost to Narelle Szuveges.

Mr Jesse Sales took out the event with a score of 6.5/7

I shared accomodation with Mr Sales whilst down canberra. His enthusiasm for chess rubbed off on me...... not that i'm not already enthusiastic about chess.... but i think i might try some slightly more main line openings to what i play now...... My game is going to undergo a transformation......

Jesse was studying for his round 5 game against Igor Bjelobrk from about 10-10.30 on the saturday night till about 12 and then was up at about 4.30 studying, preparing again for Igors game! And the hard work paid off!

No comments: