Tuesday, January 02, 2007

wonderful Wala to Perfect Port Vila

Got to Wala today but didnt go swimming in their pristine waters as there was apparently "stingers" in the water. Later however i found out that they were only sea lice which only bite at the waters edge and not any form of jellyfish. I got a couple of photos on wala.

Tomorrow we head to Port Vila. We take off on a cultural tour followed by a jetboat ride with the opportunity to have a look through Port Vila in the afternoon.

I'm finding little competition chesswise on the boat however tonight i came against this young adult from Melbourne. His mates told me that he used to be a really good player and is out of practice.

I played Black and my opponent played a Ruy Lopez and i decided to play a schlemann. play was quite double edged and evenually i trapped his knight on the queenside with the bonus that I also had mating threats at the end of a nice little combo. He missed the mate threat and i was the victor! Finally i have some competition!

No comments: