Friday, December 23, 2005

Lucky Me!

What have i done today?

I went down to the main shopping area of Picton, had some beautiful grapes for lunch, went to the Australia Post, Sent a money order express post to Gardiner Chess for entry into the Australian Minor. (Due to my mother's Credit Card being maxed out... before Christmas shopping.... will she ever learn....?) I bump into my Father in the Post Office, pretty happy, had spent the morning with his mother, my grandmother (who unfortunately wont be having christmas with the family.... the first time since.... before i was even born....) Anyhow... back to the story at hand. With the christmas spirit my father gave me $50 towards the entry fee!

Eeeexcellent!

It gets Better!

My father had completed his business for the day and all i needed to do was to go up to the train station and make a booking for my Brisbane adventure. So he decided to give me a lift up to the station to get my tickets.

Now i'm at the Ticket window waiting for the guy at the window to get off the phone. (well i wasn't expected and the next scheduled train was in about two hours....) But i get along well with this guy at the station. He catches alot of the trains that i do when he has duty at another station.

Now, I have a Person with Vision Impairment Pass. This entitles me to one free return Countrylink journey within NSW per calendar year. Which means that i had to pay the journey from the NSW/QLD border to Brisbane.

So i handed the warrant for the journey (from Sydney to the border) to the guy at the counter, he relayed my details and journey to the countrylink person on the phone. A couple of minutes later the ticket is faxed to Picton Station. They had made an error! Countrylink had given me the whole journey for free!

All in all... a very money saving day for myself.

Bring on Australian Minor!

No comments: