Monday, December 10, 2007

A Club Liason officer - for city and country

At the NSWCA AGM I was voted in as the Club Liason Officer. It was not a role I was expecting to get. However, now that I now have that position I am going to try my best to be a clubs Liason person to the NSWCA for both city and country clubs.

I will listen to what people say about issues in their club, issues about the NSWCA Grade Matches and the like. But I want to know whats happening with Country Clubs as well. I want to find out how I can make the affiliation fee even more worthwhile for them to pay.

I will try to assist country clubs to hold their weekender tournaments, whether it be to be in a role of player or maybe Director Of Play or even in another form. I have already agreed with Gary Losh to arrange car pooling arrangements for Toukley Open (even knowing that, sadly, The White Knights Chess Club has folded) as the public transport to and from Toukley can be a pain (as I experienced last year).

Next year I would like to work with Keith Farrell in improving the Country Clubs Championships. These Championships are always fun to play at.

I hope that I can make a positive impact on the clubs in NSW in 2008.

No comments: